First some pics from our hotel. Thought a certain SOMEONE back home would enjoy this. Mmm ... Jamie Fraser ... :)


After getting lost in Halifax we made it to the harbour, which is quite neat. A bunch of clipper ships were docked in the harbour during a break in the Clipper 07-08 around the world race.


This is our new toy. We've hired a crew to take it back to Ontario ...

We were hoping to catch the City Tour but we just missed the last bus of the day, so we're going tomorrow. As morbid as it sounds, I'm looking forward to seeing the cemetery where passengers of the Titanic rest.
We stopped for lunch at Murphy's Restaurant at Murphy's on the Water. Had the Mar Seafood Caserole and a pint of their own Captain Murphy's Ale. Yum! This one goes in the "Places to Eat" list.
We browsed the gift shop for a bit then headed out in search of a hotel for the night. We're staying at an uber nice Quality Inn in a suite. We're likin' the idea of a suite. My parents and I can watch TV on a couch, then they have their own room to sleep in while I snooze on the pull out couch. Nice ... This location has a waterslide in the pool so I'm hopin' to get a dip in before going to bed tonight :)
After we checked in we headed out to Peggy's Cove. OMG it's so beautiful!!! Apparently it's even more spectacular when the waves are crashing in, but the ocean was pretty calm so I didn't get to see that. Oh well, next time! :)








This is a pic of inside the Sou' Wester Restaurant where we had dinner. The food was okay, but you can't beat the atmosphere and the scenery.

Leaving Peggy's Cove...



As we were leaving Peggy's Cove we stopped to take a look at the memorial for Swissair Flight 111. It's quite beautiful actually, considering the circumstances. I took a moment to think of those who were lost.



Tomorrow: Halifax City Tour and Digby: Whale Watching baby!!!
2 comments:
Hey! Thanks for the Highlander fix!
I should have given you the audio files of Outlander to listen to while you are in the car (I'm sure your Dad would love that!)
The pix are very cool!
The Titanic stuff is cool if you get to see it. Both the museum and cemetery have a real "presence". Look for the Grave marker for J. Dawson.
Have a Keiths for me!
Cheers!
PS - I put the lyrics for "I'se the B'y" on the Day 5 page
There is one particular picture of the lighthouse on the dark rocks that you have to give Julie for the Bulletins, for sure she will make it a cover. Its beautiful!
Post a Comment