So today was pretty much just a driving day. We stopped at the Visitor's Centre in PEI to stock up on souvenirs before we crossed Confederation Bridge. The stores in Gateway Village are cool! Lotsa hand made stuff, as well as your typical keychains, magnets and bookmarks. INSANE amounts of Anne of Green Gables stuff. I know she's a big deal in PEI, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad :)
This is such a horrible pic of me, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it ...

The winds @ the Bridge were supa fast today. They were at least 90 km/h cuz trucks were not permitted to cross: winds have to be at least 90 km/h for this to happen. The waves crashing in were insane!! When we got to the New Brunswick side we stopped @ a lookoff so I could snap some photos ... and play on the beach :) My dad had to lean against me while I snapped some of these pics so I'd stop movin' around in the wind! :)




I really like this pic ... except it was taken in NB not PEI ... Oops!! :)

I found another UC in Murray Corner, NB ...
)We stopped in Shediac, NB to see the World's Largest Lobster. Dee, you weren't kidding!! The Lobster measures 35' in length, 15' in width and stands 16' tall. He weighs a total of 90 tonnes: 55 tonnes for the lobster and 35 tonnes for the pedestal.



Look where we stopped, Dee!!

We didn't get a chance to go around the Gaspé Peninsula. My mom was concerned about timing so we had to skip that leg of the trip. That's okay with me! Something else for me to do later :)
So we're holed up in a Comfort Inn in Rimouski, QC for the night. We just got back from having dinner @ St Hubert. We had St Hubert's at a location in Rivière-Du-Loup last week, and I enjoyed my sammich so much then that I got it again tonight. Mmm ... Chicken Sandwich with Brie ... :) Even tho the service was really bad, the sammich made up for it :)
Tomorrow: Home :(
No comments:
Post a Comment