Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 6: Twillingate! (or is it Toulinguet...)

Location: Twillingate, NL

So to get to Twillingate we had to backtrack thru Gros Morne, which isn't a bad thing cuz the park is beautiful :) We stopped at a place called The Arches and I snapped these photos ...







Some foliage we saw on the way back to the car ...







When we got to Twillingate we had trouble finding a hotel, so we stayed in our first B&B: Toulinguet Inn and B&B. Apparently this is the way to spell Twillingate. My mom says it was "Anglo-phoned" a while ago and it stuck or something ...

After we checked in we grabbed some grub at R&J Restaurant. Had more fish and chips, but this din-din beat the first F&C I had. I think they gave me the whole fish!! I also had a Partridgeberry Sundae. Mmm ... partridgeberry is so good ... :)

After some grub we headed out to Long Point Lighthouse. I tried to capture the height of the cliffs but I don't think these pics do them justice. Let's just say they were pretty dang high!






On the way back to the B&B we saw another iceberg. This is the biggest one we've seen so far.



A sunset pic of the harbour in Twillingate. This was taken from the balcony @ our B&B ...


Tomorrow: More Twillingate!

No comments: